Wednesday, June 30, 2010

USA Haul

I went to Ohio last week to visit Cedar Point Amusement Park. It was sooooo fun! If you're into roller coasters, I highly suggest that you go! I spent 2 days at the park, and did a little shopping on the 3rd day while driving back to Canada. I bought all my beauty products in Target and Ulta. My bf had to hunt down Ulta for me close to Cleveland :P



From left to right:
Philosophy Purity cleanser: Since I used up all my Cetaphil face cleanser, I decided to give this a try although it's 2x the price of a Cetaphil cleanser... I have sensitive skin, so the fact that the Purity cleanser has a similar texture as the Cetaphil one is a good thing. One thing that I'm not a big fan of is the smell. It's not so strong that I can't stand, but it has a chemically smell that I don't fancy.
Philosophy Unconditional Love perfume spray: I got this as a gift from purchasing the Purity cleanser. The spray contains 4ml, which is a decent size for a gift. I'm not good with describing smell, but it's very sweet. It definitely smells like spring / summer.
Revlon lipstick in Soft Nude: I tried to find this in Canada for the longest time and couldn't... Now that I've gotten it in the States, Canada has already launched the product -_- Anyway, I got it b/c I've always been a big fan of nude lipsticks and b/c of all the raves in the beauty community. At first, it reminded me of my favourite lipstick (Lancome in Rich Cashmere). After putting it on my lips, I thought the shade is a bit off for my skintone. The formula is quite drying for my lips too (this is probably my lips are EXTREMELY dry all the time) So this is a miss for me, which is quite sad cause I was expecting so much :(
Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle: I saw this in Holly's youtube video and knew I had to get it. I am so glad I did. It's soooo pretty. The formula is nice. On top of a pink lipstick, it just makes it look pinker with a hint of lilac. I love it! Now I'm sort of regretting not getting the one in Pink Pop.
NYX Round lipstick in 509 Narcissus: I bought 2 NYX lippies b/c there was a buy 1 get the 2nd one half off deal. The lipstick range in the store wasn't that great. I just picked the 2 colours that stand out the most for me. I haven't tried this one yet, but I'm a little intimidated by it. It looks so bright! I'll let you guys know how it goes.
NYX Round lipstick in 504 Harmonica: This one is a pale pink. It looks very frosty on the swatch, and I was like uh oh. Then I tried it on today with a light hand, then put on my coral Smashbox lipgloss (Can't find the name of it), and it looks very nice. I think I found my favourite combination for this summer :)
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 608 Cottage Cheese: I think Leinababy used this before b/c I remembered I chuckled at the name when I heard it. I must've forgotten that it's so sparkly. Originally, I wanted a matte colour for highlighting the browbone and this is way too shiny for that purpose.



Revlon Soft Nude / NYX Narcissus / NYX Harmonica



NYX Jumbo Pencil Cottage Cheese / Revlon Lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle / Revlon Soft Nude / NYX Narcissus / NYX Harmonica



I was soooo happy when I found this polish! I was looking everywhere in Toronto and couldn't find it :( It's Revlon's Minted nail polish! It's gorgeous. I'm such a happy girl now :)

To end this post, I would like to show you guys a video of the Top Thrill Dragster roller coaster! We took it when we go to the park cause we were in shock! You can hear me saying 'waaa' in the video :P


8 comments:

L4pinkpetal said...

the roller coaster looks crazy. lol did you go on it?

charlene-ann said...

ohhh lala!!! i'm definitely loving the nailpolish =D

Mimi said...

i watched a roller coaster show featuring this amusement park. :) you got really great products, btw! :D

http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Susie said...

Tell me how you like the Purity cleanser! I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it! :)

Edwina said...

@L4pinkpetal: yess i did! I went on it twice, once on each day! It was an awesome feeling :P

@ charlene-ann, Mimi: thankss :)

@Susie: i will do that :D

Unknown said...

You dont like soft nude? I actually really like it! Try Peach next time its my absolutely fav! Edwinaaa I am going to Markham!! can you please recommend some restaurant around the area? I will be there for 3 days (for doing nothing) so I need suggestions of what to do besides going to niagara falls and thousand islands something something (not remember what its called). That'd be so funny if i bump into you haha

Unknown said...

Nice goodies! :D I really love NYX lip sticks :) I have the Philosophy perfume too!

El'Aundra Dolce said...

So I saw your blog. I wanted to invite you to my blog, edk.dolce where I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " where I promote all my followers, and give them a chance to attract more people to their blog & for my followers to learn more about them! Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com
*Elle