Monday, June 14, 2010

Fun and Easy reads



Now that I have more time on my hand, I find myself reading again. I used to love books (when I was in high school). My ultimate favourites are The Time Traveler's Wife and Gone with the Wind. I shed a whole lotta tears while reading those, no matter how many times I'm rereading them... I guess I can relate a little bit. I thought I would read more in university since I was living alone, but nope, that didn't happen.. I just gave up on books. Now that university is finally out of the way, somehow I am starting the books that I couldn't finish before. And I find myself wanting to read books that are more light hearted.

I just finished rereading Can You Keep a Secret? and Remember Me? Now I'm reading Christopher Moore's Island of the Sequined Love Nun. I bought it such a long time ago, and never finished it. I'm about half done now, it's actually really funny. And yesterday, I stopped by Indigo, and bought myself The Debutante Divorcee by Plum Sykes just because it's pink and was on sale for $4.99! It seems like it's similar to the Sophie Kinsella books, but more gossip girl like. I'll see how that one goes.

What are your favourite books? Needing some recommendations! :D

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Can You Keep a Secret!
Have you ever read a book called Their Eyes Were Watching God? It is pretty good :P

Unknown said...

I love LOVE LOVE books. They are my life :) I've read Sophie Kinsella's books since they were gifts. I really liked "The Glass Castle" by Jeanette Walls. It's a very touching memoir about growing up and family :) I cried reading it. I recently finished "How Starbucks Saved my Life" which was very good :) I guess it depends what kind of style you like... :)

Marie said...

Wish I had some free time!:D Fun picks, btw.:D

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
...and everything girly under the sun!

Susie said...

Oh yay! I love books :P Have you read any of Jodi Picoult's books? She's an amazing author!

Anonymous said...

I love a good read, I'm more into thrillers like Nicci French, Stephen King, James Patterson.

Anonymous said...

I wish i had time to read >< i agree with susie, i recommend Jodie Picoult books :) 'The Pact' was a great read 'xo

Lillian said...

I'm on the same boat. I just finished school and now I'm interested in reading novels... no more textbook readings! :)

Anonymous said...

I havent read properly in a long while! I ought to pick up a book >_< I bet the time traveller's wife is much better as book than the movie I watched! interesting plot, nonetheless!

Viva La Fashion said...

<3 sophie kinsella. :D

miss a said...

Hi, sist...

I had a new post HERE and also GIVEAWAY contest with lots of GIFT. Want to join? Click HERE

Thanks,
Creamy
Ice creamy world
Twitter : caramel_manda
Exchange link email: icecreamyworld@gmail.com

Unknown said...

hahaha i love can u keep a secret!! hehe its one of my fav book! XD
oh noo i need holiday soo i can read more books. my time waste with book from school ><